About Me

My photo
J is an unpublished author, represented by Carrie Pestritto of Prospect Agency. J's first novel is a YA fantasy horror, regarding a siren who must choose between the haunting life and humanity. J draws on occasion, reads quite often, and is a founding member of the critique group 'Thoughtical Verbosity.'

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Still Alive



That's what I've been up to for the past month+!

Moving, book finishing, and so on and such and such.

Sorry I have been a bad bloggeress, but I'm back!

I do have a (to me) interesting topic I want to write about, but I think I'll save that for tomorrow if only because I think it needs a post all on its own, without the obligatory "Herp, derp, it's been a while!" nonsense that's going into this one.

So: December!

Undoubtedly, you have encountered the Holiday music. The snow, if you live in the right area. The insane sales. The insane traffic that results from all of the above.

I actually love the holiday season. And I'm not being sardonic! Possibly my favorite thing in the world--aside from storytelling--is gift-giving. I just love picking out the most perfect thing I can find for each person, wrapping it up, and then fidgeting in my seat until they finally open the darn thing. It's just fantastic. This year, I am not exactly flush with cash, so the gift-giving from my corner is being done a little more carefully. Harder searches and a tighter budget. When I'm used to giving each person several gifts, this kind of limitation is a combination package of frustrating and excitingly challenging.

You know what? I'll do a full-blown Christmas post sometime soon here. Between now and my birthday. Which is the 14th of this month. I'll be 24. Holy crap. That's old.

For now, though, I just wanted to let you all know that I am still alive and kicking things. And now that I'm all set up in the new Larkin Lair, I'll get back to posting faithfully. For real!

Best wishes and sparkle drops,

-J

1 comment: